Save the Date!
This October 17-25, International Collectors will delve into the art and culture of Belgium and Paris. Brussels is on the forefront of the contemporary art scene, and travelers will discover the studios of artists Hans Op de Beeck, Luc Tuymans and Michel Francois, take in the remarkable private collections of Mark Vanmoerkerke and Walter Vanhaerents, explore the famous Ghent Altarpiece in St. Bavo Cathedral, and enjoy special receptions at Antwerp’s S.M.A.K. and the Barbara Gladstone Gallery in Brussels.
Our group will then take the Thalys High Speed train to Paris, where they’ll explore the renowned FIAC Art Fair, take in the historic Musée d’Orsay and Pompidou Center, stop by the Palais Royal to see Daniel Burens’s installation Les Deux Plateaux of 1986, experience the studios of artists Jean Michel Othoniel and Xavier Veilhan, and revel in the beauty and romance of this iconic city.
MCASD International and Contemporary Collectors have the opportunity to travel with MCASD’s Director and Curators to experience special insider art tours and visits to artists’ studios.
Each year, International Collectors at the $10,000 level and above have the opportunity to travel to an international destination with MCASD’s David C. Copley Director, Hugh M. Davies. Trips provide exclusive access to the world’s top collections and artists’ studios, and previous destinations have included:
- Havana, for the opening of the Cuba Biennial, with walking tours of the city, artist studio visits, a cabaret performance at the Tropicana, and authentic Cuban mojitos
- Australia, which included Director-led tours of the MCA Sydney, visits to the private homes of some of Australia’s top collectors of contemporary art, and a city-hopping exploration of the art scenes in Melbourne, Sydney, Tanzania, and Canberra
- Italy and Germany, for the Venice Biennale and Art Basel including visits with the area’s artists and collectors
Contemporary Collectors at the $5,000 level have the opportunity to travel with MCASD’s curators and enjoy insider tours with experts to some of the most exciting art scenes in the United States. Previous trips have included:
- Las Vegas, to enjoy the opening of the MCASD-organized exhibition Classic Contemporary: Lichtenstein, Warhol and Friends at the Bellagio Art Gallery, visit Tim Bavington’s studio, explore the Neon Boneyard and the Liberace Museum
- New York City, to tour the Whitney Biennial, visit Tara Donovan’s and John Currin’s studios, and enjoy some impressive private collections
- Sonoma, for wine tasting, private collection visits, and travel to San Francisco for a visit to the newly renovated de Young Museum
- Massachusetts and New England, to meet Jenny Holzer in her studio, explore MASS MoCA, enjoy a private reception at the Williams College Art Museum, and explore DIA Beacon.
For more information about Contemporary and International Collectors’ trips, please contact:
858 454 3541 x165
Join the MCASD community! Just select a membership level below and click ‘Join’.
For more information
To learn more about ways of giving, please contact the Advancement Office at 858 454 3541 x150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the levels of membership, Collectors Circle or Avant Garde, our special interest group for young collectors, please contact Senior Annual Giving Manager April Farrell at 858 454 3541 x162 or email@example.com.
To join or renew your membership, contact the Membership Office at 858 454 3541 x162 or firstname.lastname@example.org.