Utilizing a strong understanding of Accounting principles and procedures, as well as an intermediate level of proficiency in Excel this position will workunder general supervision and provide a variety of administrative and clerical work for the Accounting Department processing Account Payable. Perform a variety of quantitative, detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures, typically using computerized data management and analysis systems. Check and verify data for completeness and accuracy. Provide assistance in maintaining a variety of financial transactions and records. Compile information and preparing reports and/or summaries. Support mission and vision of Museum throughout performance of duties.
Assist with audit preparations under guidelines of the Controller and Accountant, including, but not limited to, making copies, data entry into lead schedules, and organizing audit books.
· Ability to perform full-cycle Accounts Payable (A/P), including review invoices for proper coding, department head approval, and correct accounting period.
· Prepare AP checks for mailing and filing.
· File daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork.
· Organize, create, and label file folders.
· Take deposits to and obtain change from bank.
· Gather contribution money and count petty cash at month end.
· Gather monthly postage, copier, and cash bag counts and input into Excel spreadsheet.
· Place Internet supply orders for Business Office.
· Create monthly spreadsheets for invoices that require more than one code.
· Maintain some accounting spreadsheets in Excel.
· Assist bank with special events.
· Prepare for monthly finance meeting.
· Prepare 1099 statements.
· Manage online shipping vendor accounts, including supplies.
· Select Account Reconciliations (i.e. prepaid postage, petty cash, etc.).
· Expense coding/invoice management for Business Office expenses.
· Petty cash disbursements
· Maintain leases on postage machines (La Jolla and Downtown)
· Maintain well-stocked, organized copy room by ordering general supplies, including postage, shipping, and equipment supplies. The copy room should be kept in an orderly environment. Troubleshoot office equipment and make timely service calls to keep machines in good working condition.
· Follow safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
· Others duties as assigned.
Strong organizational skills with an emphasis in attention to detail and follow-up. Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees. Ability to work independently or in a group environment. Intermediate technical skills in MS Office and an intermediate level of proficiency in Excel with formulas and formatting. Working knowledge of Accounts Payable and general experience. Experience in Financial Edge preferred. Associate’s Degree in Accounting and two years recent, relevant or any equivalent education and experience. Experience in non-profit accounting preferred.
Ability to see, listen, and talk for extended periods. Ability to perform repetitive motions, making substantial movements of the wrists, hands, or fingers. Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods. Ability to remain in a sedentary position for extended periods. Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull, exerting up to 25 pounds or a negligible amount occasionally, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Background Checks and Licensing:
Background check, credit check, and reference checks.
For candidacy consideration, please submit resume and personalized cover letter, including salary requirement, attention Subject Heading: 201702, Accounting Clerk to email@example.com.