MCASD’s "25 and Under Art Contest" is BACK!
The deadline for entries is 11:59 PM on Monday, May 29.
Take up to two photos of your work, and upload the photo or photos and complete the online registration form. See below for image and artwork requirements. You'll be asked to submit information about the artwork's title, medium, size, and year it was created.
Our esteemed panel of judges will review images of the artworks to determine their favorite 25 works. Those works will be featured on the Museum's Facebook page and the public will be invited to vote on their favorites from June 5 through June 16.
If your work is accepted into the Showcase, you must make arrangements to drop off your entry to MCASD Downtown no later than 4 PM on Friday, June 9.
Bring your friends and family to see the works in person (and vote again!) at our showcase event from 1-3 PM on Saturday, June 17 at MCASD Downtown.
At the showcase we’ll tally the in-person and Facebook votes to announce our winners. Here’s how the winning categories (and prizes!) break down.
From the 25 entries, four winners will be selected in two categories: Curator’s Choice (First Place and Honorable Mention), which are selected by an MCASD curator, and People’s Choice (First Place and Honorable Mention), both of which are chosen based on Facebook “likes” and on-site votes at the showcase event. Prizes are as follows:
- Curator’s Choice, First Place: $500 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, a year-long MCASD Membership, and a curator-led tour of the exhibition of your choice.
- Curator’s Choice, Honorable Mention: $100 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, and a year-long MCASD Membership.
- People’s Choice, First Place: $100 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, and a year-long MCASD Membership.
- People’s Choice, Honorable Mention: $100 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, and a year-long MCASD Membership.
The clock is ticking. Show us what you've got!
Read more about contest rules and regulations.
- Must be 72 dpi or higher. No more than 300 dpi.
- Must be at least 750 pixels in height and width.
- File size limited to 2MB per image. Keep under 1MB per image for smooth uploading.
- File renamed with name, art work title, year, i.e., yourname_artworktitle_year
- Only jpg and png will be accepted
- Artwork must satisfy the following requirements in order to be considered for entry:
- Two-dimensional artworks (canvas, drawings, paintings, etc.): Must not exceed 36” h x 36” w
- Three-dimensional artworks (sculpture, installation, etc.): Must not exceed 48” w x 48” h x 48” w
- Multimedia: Limited to one-channel video/projection and formatted for YouTube.
- Artist is responsible for installation planning and materials for all artworks that are not wall-hanging.